You’re invited to an informational Open House on Sunday, December 6th from 1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Meet our administrators and faculty. View our classrooms. Explore our award-winning curriculum. For more information, please call 407-442-0393.
Please see our Facebook page to learn more about our ongoing online informational meetings. Also, stay up to date by “liking” our page!
Educating to the Highest Standards of the Classical Tradition
Highlands Latin is a private, classical, Christian school. Our goal is to provide our students with a classical education of the highest quality and to create a private school which is a model of excellence in both academics and Christian character.
In the tradition of western civilization, education and classical education have always been synonymous. Classical education can be distinguished from modern education, in that it does not neglect the important first step of giving students the classical tools for both intellectual development and for understanding their classical, Christian heritage.
Our faith statement is the Apostles’ Creed, the most ancient and widely accepted expression of the essential beliefs of the Christian faith. Highlands Latin teaches and upholds traditional Christian morality, and the Holy Scriptures as the divinely inspired word of God.
In the traditional classroom, a knowledgeable, enthusiastic teacher carefully leads students into an understanding of each subject. The traditional classroom is consistent with human nature and the experience of many decades has demonstrated its superiority over the modern child-centered classroom.
2021 – 2022 Tuition
|Jr. Kindergarten – Kindergarten||2/T-TH||$4,279||$400|
|1st – 2nd||3/T-W-TH||$6,578||$400|
|3rd – 6th||4/T-W-TH-F||$8,195||$400|
There are no additional fees for art or extra-curricular activities.
Enrollment fee and Book fee are due upon acceptance and are non-refundable:
- Enrollment Fee/Book Fee received by March 30: $650/student
- Enrollment Fee/Book Fee received by April 1-30: $675/student
- Enrollment Fee/Book Fee received by May 1-31: $700/student
In addition to tuition, families are required to purchase a school uniform, as well as some school supplies.
Tuition or payment plan is due on May 31st. The fact that HLS allows tuition to be paid in installments does not create a fractional contract or in any way relieve the parents responsibility for the entire tuition.
Failure to submit tuition or payment plan jeopardizes your child’s placement in their classes.
After enrollment closes on July 1st, no withdrawals can be made from HLS without forfeiture of the entire tuition as teachers have been hired and classes confirmed with a fixed number of students.
The goal of Highlands Orlando’s dress code is to foster academic focus, dignity, and community to each student. Orderly outer dress and appearance reflects one’s focus and self-discipline. Order your school uniforms from the official Highlands Latin School Uniform provider here.
See our school uniform guidelines here. Everything that is worn, and the manner in which it is worn, should complement the overall appearance of the uniform, not compete with or detract from it. In cases where a question arises, decisions will be left to the discretion of the HLS administration.
- All shirts should be tucked in.
- Non-uniform clothing, including spirit wear, may not be worn in classrooms.
- Plain white t-shirts or camisoles may be worn under shirts and blouses. Undershirts for girls should not be visible at the neckline.
- Girls should wear minimal, simple jewelry. Stud earrings or small hoops, chains with a small pendant, and/or watch are acceptable.
- Boys who wear a simple gold or silver chain, with or without a pendant, must keep it under their shirts.
- Cloth, leather or plastic jewelry is not allowed.
- Girls’ hair should be neat and out of eyes. Hair accessories must match the uniform (white, red, navy, black, brown, navy houndstooth, or Highlands Uniforms plaids), and not be excessive (large bows, headbands wider than 1”, no bandeau style, etc).
- Boys’ hair should be neatly groomed, above mid-ear, off the face, and off the collar. Hair cut should be conservative. Transition from side to top should be gradual. No facial hair.
- Hair should not be dyed in unnatural colors.
- Conservative makeup may be worn by girls in grade 7-12. Nail polish should be a traditional, conservative color, or clear.
- Girls’ skirts can be no shorter than 1” above the knee.
- If in doubt about any item, bring it by the school office for approval.
Highlands Latin School is an excellent choice for students who enjoy the challenge of learning. HLS will be accepting applications for the 2021-22 school year.
To learn more about Highlands Latin School School Orlando contact Admissions at 407-442-0393 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: 1600 S. Orlando Avenue, Winter Park, 32789
Highlands Latin School Orlando offers classes for homeschool families on Mondays through Highlands Latin Cottage School. Please visit highlandslatin.org/hls-orlando/ for more information.
Highlands Latin School Orlando is a Classical Latin School Association partner member.