Highlands Latin Houston is a unique homeschool support program. We offer a teacher-led, traditional classroom experience for homeschool families. Students and teachers gather twice weekly for all course instruction, and lessons and studying are completed during the remainder of the week at home. In addition to presenting a rich educational experience, we seek to foster a sense of community among students and families who value a classical, Christian education.
Students in grades K – 12 will receive instruction in subjects such as Latin, classical studies, literature, composition, and science. We utilize the Memoria Press Curriculum, and classes are led by enthusiastic, knowledgeable teachers. In all that we do, we aim to present the Good, the True, and the Beautiful to students in a way that will guide not only their studies, but also their development as people.
If you would like to know more about the school, consider filling out the form linked below and attend our parent interest meeting. Or, email either of the co-directors, Angela or Demree.
Address: Gloria Dei Lutheran Church – Student Center
18220 Upper Bay Road
Houston, Texas 77058 (Nassau Bay)
Email: Angela Rimington: email@example.com | Demree Jennings: firstname.lastname@example.org
Winter Open House
Join us on the evening of Tuesday, February 26th, at 7:00 PM for an open house event. There will be an informational presentation, time to view the curriculum, meet teachers and see the campus.
If you are unable to attend, but want to know more, please contact us any time with the contact information above.
While it is not required that you RSVP in order to attend, if you do plan to join us and would like to let us know, you may do so by clicking below.
|Prima Latina | 3rd & 4th Grade|
Latina Christiana | 5th Grade
|First-Third Form Latin| 6th-8th Grade|
Introduction to Latin | 8th Grade + (no previous Latin instruction)
|Greek Myths or Famous Men of Greece | 3rd & 4th Grade|
Famous Men of Rome or Famous Men of the Middle Ages | 5th & 6th Grade
|Advanced Classical Studies | 7th & 8th Grade|
Composition and Grammar
|Introduction to Composition | 3rd Grade|
Fable Stage & English Grammar Recitation I | 4th Grade
Narrative & English Grammar Recitation II | 5th Grade (or those who have completed Fable)
|Chreia and Maxim & English Grammar Recitation III | 6th Grade (or those who have completed Fable & Narrative)|
Refutation and Confirmation & English Grammar Recitation IV | 7th Grade (or those who have completed previous stages)
Common Topic & Rod and Staff English 8 | 8th Grade
At each grade level, students will read 3-4 literary pieces in depth and poetry.
|Insect & Bird Study with Christian Liberty Press Nature Reader 4 | 3rd & 4th Grade|
Pre-Chemistry: NOEO Science Chemistry 2 by LOGOS Press & Exploring the World of Chemistry | 5th & 6th Grade
|Exploring the World of Biology & The Book of Trees | 7th Grade|
History of Medicine & Pre-Med Course by Master Books | 8th Grade
|Traditional Logic I | 7th Grade +|
Traditional Logic II | 8th Grade +
|Material Logic | 9th Grade|
Classical Rhetoric | 10th Grade
HLS Houston Uniform Policy
Our dress code is simple and straightforward. We believe that how students dress has the potential to directly impact learning for all. We request the following:
- Bottoms: Students may wear khaki or navy pants, Bermuda shorts (no jeans, spandex leggings, or athletic wear). Girls may also wear “skorts” / scooters, jumper dresses, or polo style dresses in either khaki or navy.
- Tops: Students may wear navy, light blue, or white polo shirts. Students may also wear a white Peter Pan collar blouse (girls) / white button-down shirt (boys). Short and long sleeves are both okay. Square bottomed shirts may be worn untucked. If shirts are tucked in, students should wear a dark, solid colored belt.
- Clothes may be purchased at any retailer selected by the family. There will also be an account established with French Toast for the convenience of parents, and a Highlands Latin Cottage School – Houston polo shirt with our crest will be available for purchase.
HLS Houston Code of Conduct
- Students should come to Highlands Latin Cottage School-Houston ready to be a productive member of the leaning community.
- Students are expected to demonstrate quiet, calm, positive, polite classroom behavior.
- All will honor the Golden Rule (Matthew 7:12) and commit, to the best of his or her ability, to completing all work as if working for the Lord (Colossians 3:23).
- When not in class, students will conduct themselves in a way that is a positive reflection of the high standards we uphold as members of the greater Highlands Latin School community.